So let’s start here (check all that apply):
I’m here because I…
1. noticed that the muscle and joint pains that used to go away on their own just don’t anymore
2. find myself reaching for the ibuprofen more often than I’d like
3. am unable to keep up with my family’s activities because I know they will hurt
4. am pulled in 1,000 different directions focusing on my work and what everyone else needs; I can see that I need to take time to figure this out for myself
5. know I should be eating better and exercising, but I just can’t get started
GOOD NEWS! There are no wrong answers.
If any or all of the above apply, you’re in the right place.
Hi! I’m Kristen Toscano. It’s my goal to help you alleviate the pain and find renewed energy and confidence so that you can feel great and create the life you want.
I partner with you to decrease your pain, find more joy, take control of your stress, create systems to help you manage the demands on your time and energy and find the nutrition and exercise tools that work for you. No more daily reliance on OTC pain relievers, fad diets, quick fixes that don’t last or workout programs that you dread because they hurt!
So how did I end up here?
While I was busy taking care of everyone else in the PT clinic and building my career, I wasn’t exactly taking care of myself. I thought that I could eat whatever I wanted until I was 30. I even said that out loud….a lot!! But all that did was lead to chronic sinus headaches, being exhausted to the point of not being able to get off the couch after work and nagging shoulder pain all while feeling a bit “fluffy” and uncomfortable in my own skin. I knew what I needed to do, but I just couldn’t get myself to “practice what I preached” and build the habits that I knew would help me feel better.
Then one day, I happened to meet someone who helped me get started with those changes. He pointed me in the direction of some answers to all the questions I had about why I felt this way and what I could do about it besides taking some over-the-counter meds for the sinus headaches and shoulder pain. And I started down a holistic path of:
- eating healthy and learning what “healthy” looks like for me,
- detoxing my body with saunas and other natural techniques (not juice fasts),
- getting exercise again that felt good in my body even though it had been years since my high school soccer career,
- connecting with other women who had a positive attitude and were looking to lift each other up rather than pass judgement,
- and so MUCH MORE!
I started to realize that my favorite patients to work with in the PT clinic were like me. They also talked about wanting to address stress, fatigue and weight in addition to the pain that they came to see me for originally. I started hearing more and more of them wanting to address the pain without medications. I knew there was so much more I could do to help my patients beyond the tools I traditionally used in the clinic. Improving quality of life has always been the goal with my patients, but there are so many more layers beyond what we could work through during our rehab sessions. I went back to school so that I could help you look and feel your best while getting back to the life YOU want!
On a personal note…
- My hubby and I are the bridesmaid/groomsman cliché and met when we were 28. My college roommate married one of his best friend’s from growing up. We started out as a long-distance relationship and were able to make it work for us.
- We LOVE to travel and have been to 6 of the 7 continents (haven’t made it to Antarctica yet)
- I am a water girl at heart! I grew up on and moved back to an island, purchasing a home on the Niagara River. I also love to race sailboats.
- I moved back to the place I grew up ~6 years ago to be closer to my nieces, who are now 7 and 9.
- I always considered myself a “guy’s girl” because I thought “girls” were too dramatic until I found my tribe of women who lift each other up. I’ve built friendships that are as strong as any I’ve known.
Are you ready to take the next steps to alleviate pain and build your energy and confidence?
My approach is all about YOU! Let’s chat to see what you can achieve and what format fits your busy life.
I look forward to connecting with you again soon and am excited to be on this journey with you!